The Harvard Kennedy School Journal of Hispanic Policy (HJHP) invites established and emerging scholars, including students, researchers, journalists, advocates, organizers, artists, and policy practitioners to submit work related to policy issues facing the Latinx community in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The theme of the 2022 volume “Reclaiming Our Narrative” centers the efforts of the Latinx community to rebuild after many hardships, celebrates the rich complexity of our history, and highlights our leadership and ingenuity across the intersections of policy.
The journal also continually works to offer a perspective on anti-Blackness in the Latinx community, historical violence and oppression directed toward indigenous communities, and the growing movement to dismantle symbols of Spanish imperialism. HJHP is accepting research articles, commentaries, book and film reviews, artwork, opinion pieces, and blog submissions relevant to the Latinx community in the United States. All submissions must be the author’s original work.
How to Submit:
The Harvard Journal of Hispanic Policy is accepting research articles, commentaries, book and film reviews, and artwork submissions. Prospective contributors can submit their work for consideration via our Submissions Form.
All submissions must be the author’s original work. Our deadline for submission is March 1st, 2022.
- Annual publication submissions must adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style formatting guidelines; footnotes are not permitted.
- Selected authors for both annual publication and digital submissions may be asked to perform additional fact-checking or editing before publication; compliance with these procedures is required for publication.
Types of Submissions:
- Research articles must be between 4,000 and 7,000 words, and must include an abstract of no more than 100 words;
- Book/film reviews must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words, and must include the full citation, including publisher/director and year of publication/original release date;
- Commentaries must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words and include references where appropriate;
- Artwork should comment on the U.S. Latinx community’s political, social, and/or economic condition, and must be submitted as high resolution files (300+dpi, JPEG format). Each submission must include artwork title, artist name, medium, and year of creation. (annual publication and online blog); and
- Op-Eds/Blogs should be between 750 and 900 words and include references where appropriate (online blog only).
Contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org