31st Volume of The HKS Journal of Hispanic Policy
Call for Submissions
The Harvard Kennedy School Journal of Hispanic Policy (HJHP) invites established and emerging scholars, including students, researchers, journalists, advocates, organizers, artists, and policy practitioners to submit work related to policy issues facing the latinx community in the United States.
The theme of the 31st volume of the Journal is “Behind the X: intersectional latinx perspectives” and will highlight timely policy issues at the intersection of different latinx identities, offering a perspective on the challenges and opportunities of different groups within the latinx community, celebrating our diversity as well as our connections to other marginalized groups. HJHP is accepting research articles, commentaries, book and film reviews, artwork, opinion pieces, and blog submissions relevant to the latinx community in the United States. All submissions must be the author’s original work.
Print submissions must adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style formatting guidelines; footnote citations are not permitted.
In addition, please note the following standards:
- Research articles must be between 4,000 and 7,000 words, and must include an abstract of no more than 100 words;
- Book/film reviews must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words, and must include the full citation, including publisher/director and year of publication/original release date;
- Commentaries must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words and include references where appropriate;
- Artwork should comment on the U.S. latinx community’s political, social, and/or economic condition, and must be submitted as high resolution files (300+dpi, JPEG format). Each submission must include artwork title, artist name, medium, and year of creation. (Print & Web); and
- Op-Eds/Blogs should be between 750 and 900 words and include references where appropriate (Web only).
How to Submit:
Prospective contributors can submit their work for consideration through the following form: http://bit.ly/JournalHispanic2018. Each submission should include a cover letter with author’s (1) full name, (2) mailing address, (3) e-mail address, (4) phone number, (5) abridged biography of no more than 300 words, and (6) a professional headshot. Selected authors for both print and digital submissions may be asked to perform additional fact-checking or editing before publication; compliance with these procedures is required for publication.
Contact us via e-mail at email@example.com