The Harvard Kennedy School Journal of Hispanic Policy (JHP) invites established and emerging scholars, including, students, researchers, journalists, artists and policy practitioners, to submit their work to HKS JHP’s 30th Volume publication. Through November 13th, 2017, JHP will accept research articles, book reviews, commentaries, and artwork for print publication consideration. HJHP also accepts Op-Ed/Blogs and artwork for web publication consideration on a rolling basis. All submissions must be the author’s original work.
Print submissions must adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style formatting guidelines (notes and bibliography style).
- Research articles must be between 4,000 and 7,000 words, and must include an abstract of no more than 100 words;
- Book/film reviews must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words, and must include the full citation, including publisher/director and year of publication/original release date;
- Commentaries must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words and include references where appropriate;
- Artwork should comment on the U.S. Latina/o community’s political, social, and/or economic condition, and must be submitted as high resolution files (300+dpi, JPEG format). Each submission must include artwork title, artist name, medium, and year of creation. (Print & Web); and
- Op-Eds/Blogs should be between 750 and 900 words and include references where appropriate (Web only).
How to Submit
Prospective contributors must submit their works electronically via our website: www.harvardhispanic.org/submit. Each submission should include a cover letter with author’s (1) full name, (2) mailing address, (3) e-mail address, (4) phone number, (5) abridged biography of no more than 300 words, and (6) a professional headshot. Any supporting graphics, charts, and tables must be included as separate attachments.
Submissions for the print publication must be received by November 13th, 2017 in order to be considered. All submissions selected for the print edition will be notified by the JHP Editorial Staff by January 5, 2018. Digital submissions will be selected on a rolling basis and do not adhere to the print publication deadline. Selected authors for both print and digital submissions may be asked to perform additional fact-checking or editing before publication; compliance with these procedures is required for publication.
Founded in 1985, The Harvard Journal of Hispanic Policy (JHP) is the oldest student-run academic journal at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and one of the premier publications in the nation focused on the public policy issues that impact the U.S. Latina/o community. A nonpartisan review, HJHP seeks a wide range of submissions for print and web publication. HJHP’s website provides a platform for rapid, relevant dissemination of timely policy perspectives, while the annual print edition continues our strong 30-year tradition of rigorous policy research.
Contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at:
HKS Journal of Hispanic Policy
79 John F. Kennedy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138